Thursday, January 8, 2009

Bedtime Prayer

Last night I read to Reese out of Psalms and then asked her to pray before she went to sleep. The Psalm we read was a Psalm of praise and thanks. I talked with Reese about how much God loves her and how we should be thankful for that love and all the blessings that he has given us. She took our conversation and prayed the following: "Dear God, thank you for loving all the people even when they do bad, but thank you for loving me the best". There was obviously some miscommunication between Reese and I because I never her told her she was God's favorite but it was a blessing that she had taken what we just read and prayed it to God. Her prayer did not end there though because when Reese prays she prays for everyone and everything. Her prayers go on so long sometimes I think she could give Pastor Chad a run for his money. I wouldn't change a thing though because her prayers bless me in so many ways. She prays without question as if she expects or knows what she is praying is going happen. She prays honestly, innocently, expectantly. I wish I was more like that, how about you?

No comments: