Friday, January 16, 2009

I HATE GREEK!!!

I'm currently taking my last semester of Greek and have come to the realization that I don't like Greek. All this stuff about parsing, lexical forms, contract vowels, etc... literally sounds like Greek (ha ha I made a funny). I'm beginning to wonder if this class is some sort of punishment from God; God displaying his wrath through the Greek language. I have prayed to God to miraculously fill my head with everything I need to know about Greek but he has yet to answer my prayers. I mean seriously if someone who obviously had a lot of time on their hands has already translated the Greek New Testament into English then why do I have to do as well. When my professor asks me "Mr. Ledford can you tell me what Paul is saying here", I feel like saying as a matter of fact I can. I can tell you what Paul is saying in either the New International Version or the New American Standard version. If the works already done, why do it? Does that make me lazy? OK, now that I've gotten all that off my chest I'd like to ask you all for your prayers they are much needed this semester. Thank you for letting me complain for a moment.

No comments: